Sunday 2 December 2007

Roast chicken

Here is a chicken recipe that also includes the use of
popcorn as a stuffing - imagine that!

When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people like
me, who are just never sure how to tell when poultry
is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out.

Give this a try.

BAKED STUFFED CHICKEN
6-7 lb. baking chicken
1 cup melted butter
1 cup stuffing

1 cup uncooked popcorn

Salt/pepper to taste
______________________________
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush chicken well with
melted butter, salt, and pepper. Fill cavity with
stuffing and popcorn (mixed together). Place in baking pan with the
neck end toward the back of the oven. Listen for the
popping sounds.

When the chicken's arse blows the oven door open and
the chicken flies across the room, it is done.

And you thought I couldn't cook.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Works great for your holiday turkery or duck too !  I dare your Mrs. to try it.  LOL   Linda

Anonymous said...

LOL, I didn't know where this was going!
Lisa