Friday 14 December 2007

More gems of wisdom

If the rich could hire other people to die for them, the Poor could make a wonderful living. ~~~ Yiddish Proverb

 

The wise man, even when he holds his tongue, says more than the fool when he speaks. ~~~ Yiddish Proverb

 

Ask about your neighbors, then buy the house.  ~~~   Yiddish proverb

 

What you don't see with your eyes, don't invent with your mouth. ~~~    Yiddish proverb

 

A hero is someone who can keep his mouth shut when he is right.  ~~~  Yiddish Proverb

 

One old friend is better than two new ones.  ~~~  Yiddish Proverb

 

One of life's greatest mysteries is how the boy who wasn't good enough to marry your daughter can be the father of the smartest grandchild in the world. ~~~ Jewish Proverb

 

Old friends, like old wines, don't lose their flavor.  ~~~ Jewish Proverb


A wise man hears one word and understands two.  ~~~ Yiddish Proverb

 

"Don't be so humble - you are not that great." ~~~ Golda Meir (1898-1978) to a visiting diplomat

 

Pessimism is a luxury that a Jew can never allow himself. ~~~ Golda Meir

 

Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving ~~~ Albert Einstein

 

When his wife asked him to change clothes to meet the German Ambassador:   "If they want to see me, here I am. If they want to see my clothes, open my closet and show them my suits."  ~~~ Albert Einstein

 

Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.  ~~~ Albert Einstein

 

The hardest thing in the world to understand is income tax. ~~~ Albert Einstein

 

You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails. ~~~ Yiddish proverb

 

I don't want to become immortal through my work. I want to become immortal through not dying. ~~~ Woody Allen

 

I'm not afraid of dying ~~~ I just don't want to be there when it happens! ~~~ Woody Allen

 

Imagination is more important than knowledge.   (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

 

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. ~~~ Albert Einstein

 

We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. ~~~ Albert Einstein

 

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school. ~~~ Albert Einstein

 

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. ~~~ Albert Einstein

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When his wife asked him to change clothes to meet the German Ambassador:   "If they want to see me, here I am. If they want to see my clothes, open my closet and show them my suits."  ~~~ Albert Einstein

That would be Bryan above Guido.   Lol!


Imagination is more important than knowledge.   (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

Never a truer word said.....Jeanie