Sunday 23 December 2007

Blonde's Cookbook

Monday:

It's fun to cook for Tom. Today I made angel food cake. The recipe said beat 12 eggs separately. The neighbors were nice enough to loan me some extra bowls.
 
Tuesday:

Tom wanted fruit salad for supper. The recipe said serve without dressing. So, I didn't dress. What a surprise when Tom brought a friend home for supper.
 
Wednesday:

A good day for rice. The recipe said wash thoroughly before steaming the rice. It seemed kind of silly, but I took a bath anyway. I can't say it improved the rice any.

 

Thursday:

Today Tom asked for salad again. I tried a new recipe. It said prepare ingredients, lay on a bed of lettuce one hour before serving. Tom asked me why I was rolling around in the garden.
 
Friday:

I found an easy recipe for cookies. It said, put the ingredients in a bowl and beat it. There must have been something wrong with this recipe. When I got back, everything was the same as when I left.
 
Saturday:

Tom did the shopping today and broughthome a chicken. He asked me to dress it for Sunday. For some reason, Tom keeps counting to ten.
 
Sunday:

Tom's folks came to dinner. I wanted to serve roast, but all I had was hamburger. Suddenly, I had a flash of genius. I put the hamburger in the oven and set the controls for roast. It still came out hamburger, much
to my disappointment.

Well, good night, dear diary. This has been a very exciting week. I am eager for tomorrow to come, so I can try out a new recipe on Tom. If I can  talk Tom into buying a bigger oven, I would like to surprise him with chocolate moose.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really cute.  May my charming granddaughter's hair color continue to darken. lol


NELISHIA
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/PrayingandBelieving/
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/Crocheted-Creations/

Anonymous said...

Poor Tom!!!  LOL!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

ROFL at Thursday.Haaaaaaaa.
Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES