Tuesday 7 April 2009

Internet

The Internet has taught us some bad habits. Someone decided to show us the following dozen rules to follow.

  1. I will have a cup of coffee in the morning and read my newspaper, like I used to, before the Internet
  2. I will eat breakfast with a knife and fork, and not with one hand typing
  3. I will get dressed before noon
  4. I will make an attempt to clean the house, wash clothes and plan dinner before even thinking of the Internet
  5. I will sit down and write a letter to those unfortunate few friends and family that are Internet-deprived
  6. I will call someone on the phone who I cannot contact via the Internet
  7. I will read a book, if I somehow remember how
  8. I will listen to those around me and their needs and stop telling them to turn the TV down so I can hear the music on the Internet
  9. I will not be tempted during TV commercials to check for email
  10. I will try to get out of the house at least once a week - necessary or not
  11. I will remember that my bank is not forgiving if I forget to balance my checkbook because I was too busy on the Internet
  12. Last but not least, I will remember that I must go to bed sometime. The Internet will always be there tomorrow!

1 comment:

Gerry said...

Boy, a lot of these ring a bell for me I am afraid. Like check my e-mail during commercial. I just went to bed and forgot I was going to check my computer to see if something new had come on, like a comment. I found one or two. By such small things we are made happy for a brief second. i am thinking that after I post this comment, you will be alerted psychically as I often am from a sound sleep goo the seawall and retrieve this little tidbit which may or may not be worth the trip.